Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Battery is Our Lifeline

Most people use batteries and think nothing of it but the person I love's life depends on an AA battery.  His insulin pump is powered by 1 AA Energizer Lithium Battery.  We need to change the battery about every other month and when the battery is low it will give him an alarm.  The alarm means he has a minimum of 30 minutes of life left in the battery.  What is the maximum?  I don't know (haven't got around to reading hundreds of pages in the manual yet) but all we really need to know is that we need to get a new battery asap & hopefully within 30 minutes, don't want to risk any longer than that.  So I go to our supplies drawer and no extra battery, then I look in all the other drawers, still no battery.  So we hop in the car and off to get one.  I'm usually pretty good at making sure all the supplies are stocked but sometimes life gets in the way.  Thankfully our car started up and we are close to a store.  The "what if's" are usually what give me anxiety.  What if the car didn't start, what if there was a snow storm and we couldn't get to the store, what if the store was out of those batteries?

No comments:

Post a Comment